AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall tool not allowed?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jmartinarch
341 Views, 5 Replies

wall tool not allowed?

I did a drawing in ACA2011 sent it to my remote office where I have ACLT for mac 2013 (trial).  Worked on the file,

had to explode the couple of walls I was editing, saved as 2011 or 2010 file.

When I open the file in ACA2011 I can not execute the wall tool.  This is the message received:

Command: _AecWallAdd Command not allowed because drawing contains objects from a newer version of this application.

The new objects would be lines. 

Is this really happening?  Is there a fix?

Thanks,

JM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmartinarch
in reply to: jmartinarch

By the way, proxygraphics is set to 1.

Message 3 of 6
John.W.Mumaw

I'm afraid there's no fix.  Anytime you open a 2012 (or earlier) version file in a 2013 version product and save it, all AEC content will be updated to the new version. I might note that it was also that way with the last file format change in 2010, and in 2007, and 2004.  If you need to continue working on it in 2011 you can do an export to Autocad (instead of saveas), but all of your AEC entities will be exploded.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 4 of 6
jmartinarch

I was afraid of that.  It is strange.  What AEC content does ACLT produce?  Nothing.  But it apparently captures the content and holds it captive, huh?

Thanks,

JM

Message 5 of 6
jmartinarch

The really disturbing thing is that now back in ACA2011 when opening the file, I cannot even use aec tools, walls, doors nothing. 

so not only are the products not compatible, the lesser product (ACLT) has actually ruined an ACA file and disabled

the program. 

Why is this a good thing?

Message 6 of 6
John.W.Mumaw

If you do an export to Autocad from the 2013 product you shouldn't have any problem using AEC tools in 2012.  But it will explode all of your existing AEC content.  AEC tools are disabled if there is any newer version content in the file.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost