AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using adt 2010 saving as 2007.....walls, windows misssing on 2007 machines

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rhots
197 Views, 1 Reply

using adt 2010 saving as 2007.....walls, windows misssing on 2007 machines

Hi, as above, I am using adt 2010 with win7 64 bit and saving down to 2007. Others in the office are using ADT 2007.

I am starting to have issues with walls and doors not showing up on a couple of machines. So I have been exporting to acad.

This seems to be a new issue as I have been using 2010 for several months, using the same procedures with no problems.

I should mention the issues are with architectural backgrounds we use for xref in our MEP dwgs. I get them "clean" them up getting rid of dims, door tags etc., then wblock to 2007.

Thanks for your time,

Rick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: rhots

Turn off PROXYGRAPHICS or PROXYSHOW?

FYI, you can't save down to a lower version of ARCHTECTURE/ADT and expect the AEC content to remain intact: by design when you open and save a file in 2010 you automatically lock out your 2007 users from ever accessing the walls/doors and other AEC content as native objects for life. no fix, no workaround.

Everyone on a project must be on the same exact DWG format AutoCAD (2007-2008-2009 or 2010-2011-2012), and not a mix like you have now. Otherwise you must "export to autocad" all the time from 2010 and end up with useless line/block flat objects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost