AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking constructs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
_mec
679 Views, 3 Replies

unlocking constructs

just starting....how do you unlock a construct? and how are they getting locked?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: _mec

Are you working alone or on a team with others?

If you are working with others, and someone else has a file open, then that file will be locked.

If you are working alone, or no one else has the file open, verify that you have write access to the folder and file.

Also, check in Options for your (and any other tema members) external reference demand loading setting.  If it is set to enabled, a lock will be placed on external references when a file is opened.  (For example, if you open a View file, all of the Constructs that are externally referenced within it will be locked.)  Set it to disabled, or enabled with copy, to avoid the locking.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
oceanside

I'm having the same problem and doesn't seem to be an answer in the Discussion Group.  I've already disabled locking on external references under Options.  I don't know why it's locking in the first place.  How do you unlock?

the best is at the beach!
Message 4 of 4
oceanside

Well duh......I had the construct dwg opened so that's why it's locked.  Once I'm out of drawing, it unlocks.

the best is at the beach!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost