AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky missing in render with aca 2011

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
meluzza
2325 Views, 8 Replies

sky missing in render with aca 2011

hello! i'm using aca 2011 in win 7 64 bit. i'm trying to do a render, but it's absolutely impossible to set the sky background and illumination on. also if i turn lighingunits on 2, the sunstatus on 1, no sky at all. i can't understand where's the problem... i remember when using autocad 2008, some years ago, i had not a problem doing renders, and i set the sky on easily... can someone help me? thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jmcintyre
in reply to: meluzza

Have you tried setting up a view with sky background and illumination? I know you can't turn it on if it's not in perspective view (for some odd reason) but the screen shot looks as though it is in perspective.

Message 3 of 9
meluzza
in reply to: jmcintyre

yes, i was in perspective view and i turned on "sky and illumination"... but no sky at all, the result is that one in the image attached... i can't really understand where's the problem!! any other suggestions? Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
KathyMoffa

If you check the Visualization forum, there are a few postings about this problem.     However, you are probably lucky you haven't gotten it to work, as once you do, you're most likely going to then have to deal with the sky bug.    Why don't you try starting a brand new drawing, xref this one into the new drawing and set up views as James recommended?    At least that way you don't risk corrupting your main drawing with the sky bug (drawing automatically switches to sky and perspective every time you do a save, autosave, switch layouts, basically about anything!). 

Message 5 of 9
meluzza
in reply to: KathyMoffa

you're right! i tried to xref the drawing in a new one and the sky appeared.

i didn't know this was a bug! in fact i often noticed a strange behaviour of the program, i mean the automatic  switching on of the sky and perspective view when saving or also exporting, or other actions.

is there a way to stop this bug?

thank you..

Message 6 of 9
KathyMoffa

I'm glad that worked for you!    And no, no fix yet, or at least I don't think update 1 fixed it.    For already infected drawings,  Nathan posted a lisp in the Visualization section, and Odin Cary has some suggestions about minimizing it at Archdigm.com.

Message 7 of 9
meluzza

thank you so much!

for now it's enough to have solved the rendering problem! i will try to solve the bug...

bye!

Message 8 of 9
julianagg

Sorry but where is the lisp?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
KathyMoffa

Enter Sky Bug in search, and look for this topic, posted here on 08/20/2010: 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost