AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple wall cleanup between 6" mtl stud and 8" mtl stud walls

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MichaelRoot
473 Views, 5 Replies

simple wall cleanup between 6" mtl stud and 8" mtl stud walls

Hello,

I have a very simple wall cleanup challenge.  A 6" metal stud wall with 5/8" gyp on either side is in line with an 8" metal stud wall also with 5/8" gyp. on either side.  The walls are on the same cleanup group.  They don't cleanup and the gyp doesn't wrap.  I tried putting in a smaller wall going vertically, but that didn't work either.

I shouldn't have to edit endcaps for this (not very good at it anyway).  Can anyone shed some light on this one?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Spaup20
in reply to: MichaelRoot

Click on either one of the walls and then hit the cleanup edit in place button.  From there click on the gyp. bd that you want to clean up.  When the grips appear, you can use those to manipulate the gyp bd to add more vertexes.  First I'd stretch the top grip on the 8" gyp be 5/8" out to the left.  Then grab the middle grip and use the control key to add a vertex.  Create that vertex at the intersection of the top and bottom vertexes using temporary tracking.  That should add another middle grip that you can drag straight down to intersect with the 6 inch metal stud gyp bd.  That's one of the new features in ACA 2012, I use this all the time.  I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 6
MichaelRoot
in reply to: Spaup20

Thanks for the reply.  I tried to do that and it still gives me the wall cleanup error triangles.  Did you get it to work doing that?

Message 4 of 6
KathyMoffa

Step 1: Add a wall merge cleanup condition to the walls to get rid of the error.

Step 2: Select the right wall, and from the Contextual Wall menu, select Endcap Edit in Place.   When instructed to select a point near endcap, click the upper left corner of the right wall, and drag the pink middle grip to the left 5/8".  Then drag the lower pink middle grip down to intersect the left wall.  Click Finish, name it and you're done. 

Message 5 of 6
Spaup20

Yes I did it using your drawings and it worked perfectly!

Message 6 of 6
MichaelRoot
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Perfect - the missing link was to use a wall merge condition first, then edit the endcap.  Thanks!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost