AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service ack for sp1

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
troye
199 Views, 13 Replies

service ack for sp1

i have around 80 installs all of which were installed as multiseat standalone installations then swiched 45 to network versions. i installed sp1 on all seats, now the network seats get repeated Fatal Errors. when is Autodesk going to get it right and not cause everyone big f'n headaches everytime they release something

TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, AND THEN TEST SOME MORE. TEST EVERY POSSIBLE SINERIO WITH YOUR WORLD WIDE COMPANY BEFORE YOU RELEASE A $6000.00 PER SEAT PRODUCT THAT YOU CLAIM IS SO ``POWERFUL'' AND DOES NOT WORK.

LISTEN TO ALL OF YOUR BETA TESTERS 1ST ON WEATHER OR NOT THE PRODUCT IS READY TO SHIP.

now we need a service ack for sp1.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: troye

Mine's running off a network license and I haven't had any problems with
sp1.
Message 3 of 14
troye

was it a standalone first?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

wrote in message ...
>was it a standalone first?

No, it wasn't.

It was a fresh network install a few months back and I simply ran the SP
after downloading it to my hard drive.

I suppose that could make a difference.
Message 5 of 14
troye

correct.
withe the standalone, after you run the install you have to preform a repair of the install directly afterwards alol this BS is too much.
Message 6 of 14
leemichaelb

Hi troye -

We've seen problems with the service pack crashing on application launch when users have CIP enabled along with Show Project Browser on Startup enabled.

Please uninstall the SP and check your settings for the following configuration properties:

Help > Customer Involvement Program
Format > Options > AEC Project Defaults > Show Project Browser at startup

If both are enabled, please disable one of them and try the service pack again. If you strongly prefer to have the project browser automatically invoked on application launch, we recommend disabling CIP; otherwise, disable the show project browser setting.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Mike
Autodesk QA
michael.brianlee@autodesk.com

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 7 of 14
troye

why was this not tested and if it was not in the release notes?
why is it i cannot use the whole program i paid for?
and ``Show Project Browser at startup'' is and has been disabled Message was edited by: troye
Message 8 of 14
leemichaelb

Hi troye,

Can you provide some more detail regarding at what point the crash occurs? Is it immediately on startup? After a particular operation?

Also - just so I understand your original postingl correctly - is it the case that the network installs are crashing while the standalone installs are not?

Finally - can you try disabling CIP as well?

Thanks,
Mike
Autodesk QA

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 9 of 14
troye

Yes this happens on stand alone installs that are converted to network after sp1 is installed.
this occurs when a file is created on a network install with no service pck installed.After the sp1 is installed those files will constanly fatal error. When sp1 is uninstalled everything works fine.
however the ``read me'' notes for the service pack has 17 pages about what is currently wrong with the out of the box installations.
So what do we do? Do i need to uninstall 80 seats and then reinstall as fresh network installs and then convert the 35 that i need and have to stanalones, Don't install the sp1 and don't fix any of the out of the box problems such as blocks being scaled wrong on the Y axis, This is pretty importand don,t you think? This is quite an expensive little venture. very time consuming also.
Message 10 of 14
JBayne

I am another that gets Fatal Error during program launch after installing SP1. After searching for about an hour I run across this little piece of information. That is really great.
You would think this type of information might be best in the readme file.
Message 11 of 14
troye

oooohraaa
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

My guess is everyone with this problem just started reporting it: reason
it's not in there is they just figured it out.

No enough beta-testers lol

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 13 of 14
leemichaelb

troye -
can we take this discussion offline to email? I'm still trying to get a handle on the specific set of steps/conditions that give rise to your crash condition, so that I can reproduce here.
Thanks,
Mike
Autodesk QA

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 14 of 14
cdzurko

I am also getting fatal errors but only when opening certain drawings. all of which opened and were created prior to installing sp1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost