AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searched - export custom palette for autocad use

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
arcitek
371 Views, 3 Replies

searched - export custom palette for autocad use

I have wasted a couple of hours trying to search the web and the forums for this answer and I am not finding it.  We use AA in the office but we have one version of autocad straight on a laptop.  How can I get a tool palette we created in AA into autocad?  I understand in AA that you use the content browser in AA to export a palette group but then how do you actually get that into Autocad for use?  I think autocad uses an atc file or something like that. 

Also, when trying to export the tool palette in AA using the content browser, the help file said I should be able to grab the tool palette and slide/ copy it into the new cataloque I created in the content browser.  However, eveytime I grab onto the tool palette, the content browser woudl disappear.  I finally just selected all of the items in my tool palatte and copied/ pasted them into the category folder I created within the new catalogue.

There must be a better way.  I am not a cad expert by any means s any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
arcitek
in reply to: arcitek

I stand corrected.  It appears a similar question like mine was asked on this forum and my fears were confirmed.  pparantly, autodesk did not feel the need to make tool palettes between different products like these compatible.

There may be a workaround mentioned but it seems convoluted with firing up AA as autocad and trying an import in that state.

Message 3 of 4
calfcreek_2

Right click on the Content Browser and select "Always on Top". That way when you go to drag your palette, the Browser will not disappear.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Message 4 of 4
leothebuilder

Plain Autocad tool palettes and AA tool palettes are totally different.

I don't belive there is a workaround.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost