AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reload xref notify balloon not displaying

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
aluko0719
3493 Views, 27 Replies

reload xref notify balloon not displaying

in autocad architecture 2015. i have 2 computers that does not show the reload xref notify balloon. i have tried traynotify, traysettings, xnotifytime, i have looked in options, display graphics, and no luck. the only way that the balloon showes up is if i move the curser back and fourth realy fast at the bottom right corner of the screen. i do have 1 computer that showes up the ballon notification.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
nathan
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

This seems to be working fine - although i dont know what was wrong with the way it always worked previously. Maybe im missing something but it used to suit just fine for the notification balloon to appear immediately on its own. If you dont want to reload immediately and the balloons in the road then just close the balloon. cheers

Message 22 of 28
cp9102
in reply to: nathan

I am having the same problem with my balloon notification not showing up when i need to reload an xref....after reading this thread i figured out that it's probably due to the command line at the bottom of the screen?  So i "undocked" the command line and tried it and my balloon notification popped right up, so i assumed that this was the culprit.  However after using CAD for a few minutes now i am once again NOT seeing my ballon notifications, even with my command line "undocked"  SO i guess that wasn't the problem anyway 😞  I've never had this problem is any previous version of AutoCad so it's wierd why it's happening in 2015 version?  So i guess i'm still in the same boat as everyone else, the balloon notifications pop up sometimes but 95% of the time they don't.

Message 23 of 28
aluko0719
in reply to: nathan

Thanks for the reply. That did not work for us, all the machines already have the command line undocked, we tried many different variations of that to. Hopefully that will be fixed in 2016.

Adam Luko
Designer/IT Coordinator
Gwin Dobson & Foreman, Inc.
3121 Fairway Drive
Altoona PA 16602
Phone: (814) 943-5214
Fax: (814) 943-8494
Email: aluko@gdfengineers.com
Web site: www.gdfengineers.com
Message 24 of 28
pendean
in reply to: aluko0719

Are message balloons enabled in Windows OS?
Which WIndows OS are the folks with problems using?
Message 25 of 28
aluko0719
in reply to: aluko0719

Message balloons are enabled in windows (we get other balloons pop-ups in windows and in AutoCAD). We are all using windows 7. The balloons will pop-up but only when you move you cursor down to the bottom right corner. I have AutoCAD civil 3d and AutoCAD architecture loaded on my computer. In my civil 3d the balloons pop-up, however in my architecture they don't. We have went thru all the menus/commands and they are all setup the way they are supposed to be.

Adam Luko
Designer/IT Coordinator
3121 Fairway Drive
Altoona PA 16602
Message 26 of 28
jshimkus
in reply to: pendean

I would say that message ballons ARE turned on in windows since the ballon will appear IF I move the mouse to a blank area of the status bar within the display time limit, again, NOT a solution.

This is happening on both Win 8 and Win 7 machines here.

Message 27 of 28
aluko0719
in reply to: pendean

I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it did not fix the issue.

Adam Luko
Designer/IT Coordinator
3121 Fairway Drive
Altoona PA 16602
Message 28 of 28
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: jshimkus

Hi Adam, John,

This issue appears to be isolated to AutoCAD Architecture 2015 and AutoCAD MEP 2015. The development team tested and confirmed it (around the time of my last message in this thread), and it appears to be related to the changes to the status bar in 2015.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the program won't fix the issue, nor will adjusting the message balloon settings in Windows. The only workaround we've found so far is the one I posted previously (to hover over a portion of the status bar), which has its limitations, as you've pointed out.

While we won't know if the issue has been addressed in the 2016 products until they are released, please note that the development team is aware of the issue and its impact on your workflow.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost