AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my 3d model

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sunnytantalize
535 Views, 7 Replies

my 3d model

how is this guys?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Looks pretty good.

You should post this in the customer gallery

Message 3 of 8
dlipscombe
in reply to: sunnytantalize

Looks good, only 1 draw back and thats the people, other than that looks gr8!!

Message 4 of 8

It looks ok for an AutoCAD rendering. I think the modeling is more impressive however. AutoCAD really shouldn't be used for rendering. Try importing into 3dsMax and rendering it there.

Message 5 of 8
ntellery
in reply to: sunnytantalize

Are you a student?  Is this a first effort rendering in autocad.

Is this rendered in AC and then plants pasted in photosomething?

I'm sure you are excited about rendering, I've always enjoyed it even though my results have been well below the big boys using Max but Autocad is capable of half decent renders.

At the moment this looks like an image produced in a cheap cad package for a number of reasons.  Autocad is capable of doing much better than this.

There is little texture or bump mapping used. Perhaps the walls could use a little more bump. I over compensate and exagerate for the sake of the image.

The windows would be better with real glass rather than the fake curtain image, the green glass is a little off putting.  I use a CWA for a quick blind study but haven't worked out a good quick way of doing curtains.

The image used on the roof tiling is a little weird like it doesn't line up.  

The modelling doesn't seem real world. Should there be gutters?  Might the windows be inset a little more (maybe not depending on your construction methods). 

To me the vegetation and people fail because of no shadows. If pasted in Photosomething then it is hard to add but must be done for realism.  I'd drop people. Just too hard to look decent.  Chairs - no shadows.

Have you used Sky+Illumination? 

Altogether it's a good effort for a new starter.  If you are giving to a client, just be aware sometimes things that are not done well (like the people) can take away from the presentation as they have no appreciation for rendering and are just looking at their house.

If you are using ACA you can download a free RPC creator from Archivision that can use your own maps ( & 100 included with ACA) for shrubs etc. and with a tick in a box will create their own shadows. Makes a big difference on how they sit in with an image.

Keep at it as it's fun and can have a really good impact with clients.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 6 of 8
yanweiwen3307
in reply to: ntellery

Hei

I'm agree with ntellery, the first inpress for me it look like a SketchUp
drawing. There is too little texture or bump mapping and light settings.And the textures are too regular.

Many reasons the image is too hard. 

Message 7 of 8
MarySeufert
in reply to: ntellery

@ntellery wrote:
I use a CWA for a quick blind study but haven't worked out a good quick way of doing curtains.

Here is a semi quick way of making curtains... Use the Loft command on polylines that make up the top and bottom of the curtain. Here is a quick one I did for a pinch pleat look.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 8 of 8
dlipscombe
in reply to: MarySeufert

MarySeufert

Like your way of doing curtains, class.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost