AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving doors within wall

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
779 Views, 3 Replies

moving doors within wall

Does anyone have trouble moving doors or windows within a wall?

I am trying to move a door so that the door is flush with a face of wall.

I follow the directions in help, but the prompts in acad do not match the instructions. 

For instance;  select door, okay.  then from anchor panel select 'reposition within wall', okay

a red line appears and prompt to 'select position on the opening'.  okay so i click the face or side of door jamb

then select a reference point.  (guide says select point to measure to) and on and on.  Door never moves.

it should be; select door, select reposition in wall, select reference point (interior, exterior, midpoint), select the desired location.  Done. 

Instead it is select this that and the other , measure from here, select, click.click click.

Please help.

thanks,

JM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Okay I just had success.  First by accident then I figured the rhythm. 

The last  two selections are the same point.  Why this is so I don't understand.  Probably something going on behind the scene that only a software engineer knows. 

Message 3 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

I personnaly don't get the order of selection using the graphical Reposition Within Wall command. I prefer the Anchor dialog box (Context Tab->Anchor->Settings) to change the Position within (Y) settings. Much faster for me to get right the first time instead of playing around with the graphical selections. It just frustrates me too much to use. Smiley Tongue ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Thanks.  I gave it a try and see the  benefits.  Except I have to pay attention to thickness of walls, jambs and know the orientation (left or right side of wall) front of object and back,  Once that is in my head it is a good method.  Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost