AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving a panel

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jdcho
3781 Views, 11 Replies

moving a panel

OK the person that helped me customize my ribbon panel no longer works here thus my problem.  We upgraded to 2013 and since I'm use to my 2011 ribbon the way it is ... I'm trying to customize it.  How do you move a panel from one tab to another?  I'm trying to move the dimenions panel from annoate to the home tab.

Greatly appreciate any help.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
leothebuilder
in reply to: jdcho

On the Manage Tab, click on CUI User Interface, or type CUI on the command line.

On the top/left click on your current workspace e.g.Architecture Default (current)

On the right you will see in the Workspace Contents all the ribbons and tabs you currently have.

Expand the Ribbons Tabs tree view (+)

Expand the Annotate ACA tree view

Here you will fins the Dimensions -ACA panel.

Just drag/drop this panel to the Home -ACA Ribbon

You can re-arrange the location of the dimensions panel within the Home tab by moving it up or down in the tree view.

Now you have moved the dimension panel.

Always create a backup copy of the CUI in case your cutomization goes awry and you have to do a restore

Message 3 of 12
jdcho

yeah, I tried that before I posted the question.  Do you need admin rights?  I made a workspace to customize and it lets me move the panel within the ribbon tab but not to another tab.

Message 4 of 12
leothebuilder

You shouldn't need admin rights.

Try drag and dropping the dimesnion panel from the left under Customization Files to your workspace.

p.s. Also best to create a new workspace, so you can restore the default ACA if needed.

Message 5 of 12

Another p.s.

Did you click on the Customize Workspace under Workspace Contents?

Click "done" once you've moved you dim panel

Message 6 of 12
jdcho

Yeah, I was clicking on the customize button.  Below are the steps that I'm doing.  Maybe you'll find something I'm doing wrong.

I click on Customize under the workspace switching button (lower right hand corner)

Click on the workspace that I want to customize which is current (and a copy)

Click on customize work space on the right hand side of the CUI pop up window

Expand ribbon tab, expand home tab and annotate tab

Pick Dimensions panel and tried to drag and drop it to the Home tab

- but it won't let me.  Looked like it would place it there but goes back to the annotate tab.

Very fustration ....

Message 7 of 12
leothebuilder

On the left side of the CUI drag the Dimension panel and drop onto the Home tab.

This will add to the home panel.

Once you exit the CUI you can right click on the panel and select which tabs and panels you want to show or not.

Message 8 of 12
jdcho

You already told me to try this solution ... didn't work.  It will let me pick the panel but won't let me drop it on the home tab.  I tried to pick the dimension tab but it wouldn't add it to the home tab, it would add a new tab called dimensions.

Message 9 of 12
David_W_Koch

Where is the CUIX file that has your ribbons and panels located?  Do you have write permission to that folder?  Is the CUIX file read only?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 10 of 12
jdcho

I'm assuming the ACA.cuix or acad.cuix and it's in the following folder.  I'm in windows 7 ...

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACA 2013\enu\Support

and I do have permission to the folder and the files and the cuix files are not read only

Message 11 of 12
jdcho

ok here's a stupid question ... should I be altering the main cuix file or the copied cuix file?  In other words, should I be altering the copied workspace or the default workspace and then do a save as?

Message 12 of 12
jdcho
in reply to: leothebuilder

move the panel from the left window not the right window

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost