AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing text style pull down

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
twox2
445 Views, 9 Replies

missing text style pull down

I have ACA11 that we changed to classic on a computer.

We are missing the text style pulldown and dim style pulldowns.

Is there a code to get these back.

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: twox2

Changed to classic? please elaborate.

Message 3 of 10
twox2

We minimized the ribbon and got all the toolbars to show up.  This way we have 1 button to click on, not going to multiple steps for the same thing. For example: Text Mask:  I can click on my toolbar Text Mask or go to Ribbon, click ExpressTools: Text pull down and then Text Mask icon.  Too many steps for the same thing.  Plus the toolbars that we have up, take less space than the Ribbon when it is open.

I know autodesk is going to the ribbon and not allowing the toolbars in the future, but it is hard to change an office when we are very efficient.

I plan to customize the ribbon...add/subtract items to reference toolbars we have now.

But for now, do I have to modify a cui file and if so, how?

thanks

Message 4 of 10
leothebuilder

I know a lot of users don't like the ribbon and prefer to use toolbars.

Your example of how you apply a background mask via the ribbon appears to be more cumbersome than it should be.

If you use the Mtext command, in the Mtext editor you can apply a background mask as you enter the text.....see options in the Mtext editor, top right hand corner.

Alternatively, if your mtext object already exists, select the text and in the properties palette you can turn the background mask on.

No need to visit the ribbon.

Message 5 of 10
twox2

I think you are missing the point with the ribbon and that I picked the wrong one to describe.

It doesn't matter which command is on the ribbon, usually it takes more than 1 click to get to a command on the ribbon. Where a toolbar icon it is only 1 click. 

I guess there is no way of getting the text style pulldown back without reinstalling.

thank you for your help

Message 6 of 10
David_W_Koch

I am still not clear on how you are set up and what you are trying to restore. 

First question:  Do you use any of AutoCAD Architecture features (Walls, Doors, Windows, etc.)?

Are you still running the ACA.cuix file as your main customization file?  If so, how did you "get all the toolbars to show up"?  Did you transfer them from the ACAD.cuix file?  Or did you transfer the toolbars, including ACA toolbars, from the 2009 version of the ACA.cuix?

You mention Text Pulldown and Style Pulldown.  Are these pulldown menus or are they controls on a toolbar?  The ACA 2010 version of the ACAD.cuix has a toolbar called Styles that has the Text Style Control and the Dimension Style Control.  I would imagine this did not change in the ACA 2011 version.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 10
pendean

More specific Details please: I was not looking for 'why' you did it (your choice), but details on "how" you did it so that I can understand the problem (the reason you are here).

Elaborate, use AutoCAD terms, command/files names etc.

Message 8 of 10
leothebuilder

Sorry, didn't mean to tell you how to do things. I was just making suggestions.

I'll leave it to others to explain how to change the CUI

Message 9 of 10
twox2

We have ACA2011, architecture.  We use some of the things on (Home:Build) Ribbon.

The older version had a styles toolbar.  We had another computer that I was able to transfer the styles toolbar back to the bad computer.  Everything is ok now.

To get toolbars:  I loaded the cui files thru partial customization per this website on how to restore menus and toolbars.

thanks for the help.

Message 10 of 10
David_W_Koch

If you did not get the Styles toolbar when making the transfer, you should be able to transfer it from the ACAD.cuix file.  Or, you could build a new toolbar from scratch and add the Text Style Control and the Dimension Style Control.  Transferring would likely be easier.

Having re-read your latest post, more carefully this time, it sounds like you were able to transfer the Styles toolbar from the earlier version.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost