AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting receptacles (ACA 2012)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
515 Views, 7 Replies

inserting receptacles (ACA 2012)

Has anyone figured out how to automatically insert receptacles in a room (max 6' from doors, max 12' o.c. etc.)?

I have tried to use the array but no luck.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

Nothing automatic, just draw a pline around the perimeter starting at the door, shorten it by 6' and use the measure command. Wish it would insert MVBs as well as regular blocks! But to be honest, I usually don't get too precise with receptacles, electricians never put them where you draw them! 😉

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Thanks Mary. will give it a try.
Message 4 of 8
Libbya

I was thinking that easiest would likely be a curtain wall style with everything turned off except for the infill which is replaced with a recep block.  Set the cell dimension to 12' and place the block in the middle.  Voila, you get a 6' max spacing at the start and end and everywhere in between does a max 12' spacing.  See the attached file and use 'add selected' to try it out.  

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

can you save it down to ACA 2012?

thanks.

Message 6 of 8
Libbya

I had to remake it (no back save for AEC objects).  Lucky for you, I also have 2012 on my computer...

Message 7 of 8
David_W_Koch

If your receptacles are Multi-View Blocks, you could start out with the Polyline Mary suggested, apply a Layout Curve to it (you can draw the Polyline tight to the Door opening, then specify a 6'-0" offset from the start and end, with 12'-0" spacing), then use the NODEANCHOR command to attach the Multi-View Block to one of the nodes. Adjust the rotation as needed, then use the NODEANCHOR command to copy the Multi-View Block to all of the nodes. The best part is that if the room perimeter changes, just edit the polyline, and the Layout Curve will adjust to suit, based on the original specifications. If the change results in nodes being added, you will have to copy the Multi-View Block to the additional nodes.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Tools for Layout Curves and Node Anchors can be found in the Stock Tool Catalog, in the Parametric Layout & Anchoring Tools category.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost