AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserted objects don't display in paperspace

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RickW363
524 Views, 2 Replies

inserted objects don't display in paperspace

I'm using Architecture 2013.

'I have a drawing from a client that I want to copy and paste into my drawing.  Copy/Paste and Insert both work and the imported drawing appears perfictly in model space.  When I go to paper space, many, but not all, of the objects in the drawings fail to display.  The objects are mtext notes or multi-leaders with attached blocks containing attributes.  I have tried exploding some of the objects, changing layers, turning on and unfreezing all the drawing layers, and even pasting the drawing into the paper space layout and scaling it to fit.  Nothing works.  I'm probably missing something but I have no idea what.  Anyone have ideas? 

I am attaching the drawings.  The A2 drawing is the one that needs to be inserted into the TEST drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mark.starford
in reply to: RickW363

Well it seemed to work for me but then I don't know what is missing in particular

A couple of thoughts on this:

• Have you checked to see if the items are annotative & if so have you turned on annotative display in paperspace - I get this all the time, dimensions disappear...
  • Another thing to check is that the layers used for those objects have not been VPfrozen for that viewport
Message 3 of 3
RickW363
in reply to: mark.starford

Bingo!!.  The text and objects are annotative.  I rexcaled to viewport to match the text scale and everything appeared.  I don't use annotative text so that hadn't occurred to me.  Thank You!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost