AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert space turns off object snap

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
calfcreek_2
303 Views, 3 Replies

insert space turns off object snap

When using the 'space generate' option when inserting a space, the tool automatically turns off 'object snap' and then of course it doesn't turn it back on at the end of the operation. I tend to need to switch back and forth from auto generate to polygonal insertion and having to reset object snap every time is VERY irritating.

Any ideas?

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: calfcreek_2

What version are you using?  I am not seeing that behavior here, in ACA 2010, using either the Tool palette tool or typing SPACEADD and then either setting the choosing the Generate option in the Create type property on the Properties palette or the Generate option on the Commnand line.  In all cases, running Object Snap was turned back on at the end of the command.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
calfcreek_2
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi David.

We are using ACA 2009. Installed on 64 bit Windows 7 Pro OS.

I believe I have all updates installed but I'll double check.

Thanks. At least I know it's me not you! 😮

It is a customized space and tag so, not sure if that might have something to do with it. Space modified from OOTB space; tag created with wizard.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Message 4 of 4
LanceEdwards
in reply to: calfcreek_2

ACA 2009 was not intended for use on Windows 7. This may be one of those anomalies you get when working with 2009 on that OS.

Lance Edwards

Baltimore, MD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost