AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add edges to an object

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
holzmcgyver
528 Views, 1 Reply

how to add edges to an object

hey,

i stuck while using autocad with following try.

i every other 3d modelling software it is possible to add new edges to a face, but i cannot find a proper function for autocad.

Following technic i try to use.

I create an cube of face and want to extrude one little rectangle. But one face is to big, for my reason and so, i want to inside a new rectangle of edges into one faces,which is in the proper size for my extrusion. 

Due o this example how cani ad adges to an object???

thanks a lot   

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: holzmcgyver

If you are using a relatively recent version of AutoCAD, you should be able to draw the outline of the rectangle you wish to extrude on the face of a 3D solid and then use the Press/Pull tool to extrude the rectangle.

You may find better help for 3D Solids modeling in AutoCAD in one of the AutoCAD discussion groups.  This group is a Discussion Group related to the AutoCAD Architecture product.  While it is built on AutoCAD and has the 3D Solids functionality, users of AutoCAD Architecture may be more focused on the custom AEC objects, than on vanilla AutoCAD 3D Solids.  (Or, they may not.  I do not make much use of 3D Solids in my work, but others may.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost