AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatching shows up in drawn windows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
429 Views, 3 Replies

hatching shows up in drawn windows

after drawing  a dormer with custom designed windows I hatched the exterior walls to show shingle siding! However the hatch comes thru the windows!!Smiley Sad  What am I doing wrong?  I used trim to remove the unwanted lines, but it was time consuming and I,m sure there is a better way! Thanks folks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you still a student, and this is an AutoCAD class but you have AutoCAD Architecture (reference to you other posting), or are you working, and this is a job you are doing using AutoCAD Architecture?    In AutoCAD Architecture, you can find multiple wall styles in the Content Browser (more Wall tools from the Design palette) that already have siding and studs and gypsum, and you can assign a shingle material to the siding component of that wall style.  If you are working, you definitely want to go that route.  However, if you're in an AutoCAD class, you probably should stick to the AutoCAD only tools.  If you are having trouble understanding which is which, you can go to Options/Profile and switch to the one that says just AutoCAD, and you will no longer see the Architectural tools.  To find Profiles, right click on the command line, or go to the big A and select Options.

If you want to learn the product on your own, two excellent books on AutoCad Architecture 2010 are Paul Aubin's Mastering AutoCAD Architecture 2010 and William Wyatt's Accessing AutoCAD Architecture 2010.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Thank you! Actually, I graduated 2 mos ago with a AOS in CAD Drafting.  I was really a "crash course" but I do have ACA and autoCAD 2010 in my home pc's.  I am working "peice work" for 2 firms but as I,m sure you know, this is an

LEARNING EXPERIENCE!  I do intend to follow up on your suggestions, so thanks so much for your input! Advice from an experienced CAD Drafter such as yourself is invaluable to me at this point! Thanks Again! Gerry

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: KathyMoffa

BTW! Just ordered Aubin;s MAstering ACA 2010

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost