AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatch Set Origin button's properties have changed, need help resetting please!

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jmldg
689 Views, 2 Replies

hatch Set Origin button's properties have changed, need help resetting please!

Hello.  Typically when I click on the Set Origin button, all I then have to do is click on the page where I want the hatch origin to be, and everything works just fine.

I work on a shared computer.  Start working this morning, and now when I click on the Set Origin button, it prompts me to inform it "SIngle or SUbobject?".  And through a number of further selections, I can eventually get around to selecting my origin and having things shift around properly.  But that really slows me up.  Seems like one of the system variables got changed.  I've noodled around a bit online, but haven't been able to find how to get things back to how they used to be.

And I tried opening a new page, restarting the program, etc., and the new way the button works has taken hold.  I can't get it to reset. 

Please help.  This is bugging me badly.

Follow up: So on my computer (not working properly) when you click on the Set Origin button, the command line says "Command: _-hatchedit    ....  select hatch objects: _O     ... select hatch objects: _S"  then it says "ambiguous response, please clarify" "SIngle or SUbobject?"

On the computers that are working properly it only displays the "select hatch objects: _O"  and doesn't show the _S part.  So it's like mine is doing two selections at once or something, thus confusing the system.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: jmldg

Sounds to me that two system variables got shut off. At the command line type this:

CMDDIA then enter (set the value to 1)

FILEDIA then enter (set the value to 1)

Try that and redo your operation to correct command line issues.

Don

Message 3 of 3
jmldg
in reply to: 4donwan4

Wow thank you, I never would have been able to dig deep enough into the system variables to get there.  I discovered that, additionaly, my pickfirst setting had been changed.  The CAD overlords had a bone to pick with me, apparently.  Everything is back to normal and working smoothly now, I'm very happy to report. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost