AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grips-stretching problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kmsisson
3357 Views, 7 Replies

grips-stretching problem

Hello All

I can't seem to figure out this problem and this will apply to all lines. I am trying to stretch a line using the grips but when I do, the line will reduce to the actually length that I am either trying to increase or decrease it by.

For example

A line is 6'0" long, I want to use the grips and stretch it and reduce the amount by 6" but instead the line reduces to 6" long.

I can't seem to find the variable to fix this.

Can someone tell me where to change this.

Thanks

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: kmsisson

Turn off Dynamic Input (F12) or press CTRL while gripping to cycle through the target input.
Message 3 of 8
kmsisson
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks ToanDN

I can't believe I forgot that.

Message 4 of 8
dan908

ACAD 2012/ 2011 SP2 there is a problem with Osnaps.  You have Tangent or Perpendicular in your default Osnaps.  Something is not right and it seems when you are stretching these two osnaps interfere. (So some computers don't have it on and some do or some have SP2 and some don't)

The other suggestions are good and may help. But, be aware.  Work around presently is to turn those two osnaps off by default. This issue has just come to our attention.

Thanks

Dan

Autodesk, Inc

Dan

AutoCAD Quality Assurance Manager
Message 5 of 8
paul_s
in reply to: dan908

I have been struggling with that line grip editing issue ever since Autocad Architecture 2012 came out - is there a predicted date for the solution?

Many thanks

Message 6 of 8
dan908
in reply to: paul_s

I have several posting flagged and will let them know if I know of any further information on this (like service packs or other solutions). The best work around currently is to call perpendicular using per and tangent using tan instead of keeping them on in the osnap settings.

Dan

Message 7 of 8
dan908
in reply to: dan908

I can say that 2013 will have the stretching problem addressed so that the perpendicular and tangent osnaps do not interfere with the operation. This problem was presented to us after the 2012 service pack 1, but is marked to be considered for a future service pack if there is one (I am not someone who knows this).

Dan

Message 8 of 8
jo.whiley

type in OP - options menu will appear.

User preferences tab, then change the option under Priority Coordinate Date Entry to "Keyboard entry except scripts"

No idea why it changed on my one, but was a pain when trying to move line ends to the distance I was typing!

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost