AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exterior elevatios

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lukearh
442 Views, 8 Replies

exterior elevatios

Hello,

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I made exterior elevations in views for a  building and the interior partitions are also displayed. An exterior elevation should only display exterior walls. 

Can someone help me with this?

thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: lukearh

Tell us what you have already done (process) and post a result and what is wrong with that result.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 9
lukearh
in reply to: dbroad

I made a simple building to see how the whole process goes.

So I setted up 2 levels, I made a shell and some partitions for the first and second floor. 

I didn't spent time to make anything more because I wanted to see how creating views and sheets goes.

So when I wanted to make exterior elevations, I noticed that the interior partitions were displayed too.

But elevations shoul only display the outside.

I attached the views file.

The elevations shold be some simpe rectangles, without showing the interior too. 

And look at the west elevation. It has an odd line that is ending nowhere (the upper line of the ground floor partitions)

Message 4 of 9
dbroad

Looks like you have done everything fine.  Try right clicking on one of the 2d Sect/Elev object and choose refresh (or select and hit refresh on ribbon).  For me the interior partitions got hidden.  The settings can be adjusted for either section or elevation views.  The location of the section lines affect what is shown.

Message 5 of 9
lukearh

No, it didn't work. I tried several times to start a fresh project and make elevations and always the same results.

These errors are killing me.  I started first to migrate to ACA2009 but because of all kind of errors I quitted. I tried now with ACA 2013 but looks like nothing improved. They really can't make a software that works well, esspecially considering the price of it? And also the support is not so good. 

Message 6 of 9
dbroad

Works fine here.  See image.  I don't know what else to suggest.

refresh2.png

Message 7 of 9
lukearh

Is there some setting that I might changed?

I made a new project and the same result.

Message 8 of 9
John.W.Mumaw

If you're using 2013, do you have the service pack installed?   There was an issue fixed with a hotfix and then the service pack (SP1) where 2d section/elevation objects didn't hide.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 9 of 9
lukearh
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Seems like that was the issue. Thank you all for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost