AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

express tools

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Irish2
824 Views, 5 Replies

express tools

I am new to ACA. I downloaded the program online and there was not any check box, or whatever, for downloading the express tools. I go into the computer control panel- programs- to see if it is in there just not loaded. Nope. I cannot find it anywhere. I have purchased this program so there shouldn't be any kind of limitation. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ojuris
in reply to: Irish2

if I right, in instalation wizard You can customize for ACA and choose to install express tools

If You already install ACA, then in  COntrol panel -> Add remove programms   dialog, You can add components for ACA

Message 3 of 6
Irish2
in reply to: ojuris

Thanks but I did not have an option for installing express tools. Because of that as well it isn't in the add/ remove programs either. It does not reside on my computer, I did not have the option to download it but I do want to have it. Where can I get it from?

Message 4 of 6
ojuris

in add/ remove dialog you must find ACA, not express tools

when You will be in instalation dialog, You must configure ACA instalation like in video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fGoZWJmnAw   from   0:18

this is for 2013 version, but in other versions that is similar

Message 5 of 6
Irish2
in reply to: ojuris

Yep. Just found that answer. Go to add/ remove programs; find ACA; click on it and wait for it to load; click on "add or remove features"; click whatever check boxes you want including express tools.

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 6
m.javid

It might be that you have installed the Espress Tools but they are not displayed. Try this: in the command line write Expressmenu and then Expresstools then enter.

Usually as soon as you write Expr... a window pops up listing all the commands starting with Expr... chose the two mentioned above.

If the Express Tools has been installed, then the menu will apear and the commands therein will be available. You will lose nothing testing this.

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost