AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eTransmit Error

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
jraesly
18663 Views, 20 Replies

eTransmit Error

I just installed ACA 2009 on my new Vista X64 system. I am trying to etransmit and get this error. "An error occurred attempting to create the transmittal. Please make sure the target location is writable and that the target disk has sufficient space." The target drive is writable and has plenty of space. I have tried different locations and setups in the transmittal setup dialog box to see if I can make it work. It can't. Any suggestions out there?
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
markmark83
in reply to: jraesly

I'm in the same boat, I can't etransmit my files. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Message 3 of 21
markmark83

My xrefs had too long of a file name...
Message 4 of 21
jraesly

Did you ever find the fix for this? Our xrefs names are very short. I thought maybe when we went to 2010 this might fix itself. It has not.
Message 5 of 21
jorgeseptien

I am having this same error occurring with a few machines using AutoCAd Architecture 2011.  It seems as though the error occurs on machines that I have installed a software called SpecLink from BSD.  I thought it was due to ArcView since it was happening to two machines that had that software, but today it happened to someone who does not have ArcView, but does have Speclink.  Is there a fix for this.  I tried repairing the install and then uninstalling and reinstalling, but still no success. 

Jorge Septien
Message 6 of 21
robindeurloo

I have noticed that some xrefs won't merge if they are made with some other 3th party application.

For example I have some very old drawing made with AutoCAD and GBa and whatever I do I can not merge them to my drawing. So maybe other 3th party programs cause the same problem.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 21
jorgeseptien

It seems as though it is not a problem with the actual drawings because I am able to etransmit the same drawing on another computer.  It seems as though it is a problem with a software I installed that is interfering with this feature in AutoCAD.  The software is Speclink from BSD.  I will be calling them and asking if they have heard anything about this.  I tried it on a machine that did not have the software.  Before installing this software, I tried creating the Etransmit and it worked.  As soon as I installed the BSD software Speclink, it gave me the message.  Then, when I uninstalled it, it started working again.

Very strange.

Jorge Septien
Message 8 of 21
grantg

i do not have spec link installed and was having the same problem. the only way i was able to have it complete without an error is to save to a folder (not a zip) and keep existing drawing formats. 

I't still not working the way it should but it was a step in the right direction.

g

Message 9 of 21
jorgeseptien

Wow Jraesly,

Beacuse of your post, I started looking at why the zip utility was not working and I found that the program I was installing was installing two dll files is the C:\Windows\Syswow64 folder.  The two files were dzip32.dll and duzip32.dll.  They were dated from 1998.  So I looked in my machine and found in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011folder that there were two files of the same name dated from 2004.  So I copied these files into the SYSWOW64 folder and replaced the 1998 version and presto, now I am able to create zip files from the etransmit utility.

Thanks for the lead.  I hope this helped you as well.

Jorge Septien

Jorge Septien
Message 10 of 21
smay
in reply to: jorgeseptien

Jorge,

Looks like that solved the problem for me also.  Ever since I installed AutoCAD Architecture 2001 (64bit) I have had the problem of etransmitting to a zip file.  Etransmitting as seperate files was not a problem, but zipping was.  Looks like the zip files are not being coded to the right area.  Thanks for your post.

Message 11 of 21
jorgeseptien

Thanks for letting me know.  I'm glad I could help.

Jorge Septien
Message 12 of 21
jneighbors

This corrected my problem as well.  Also have BSD Specklink, but not sure if it is interrelated due the the files replaced.

Message 13 of 21
jorgeseptien

Awesome.  Glad I could help.

Jorge Septien
Message 14 of 21
Abrown945
in reply to: smay

Spoiler
Yup.  This solution worked for me as well.  I had had the problem ever since upgrading from Civil 3D 2011 32-bit to Civil 3D 2013 64-bit.  This solution worked like a charm.

Message 15 of 21
Valacho_H

This solved the problem for my users with the error as well.  Excellent, thank you for sharing this solution.

Message 16 of 21

I have AutoCAD 2014 with the same problem and the solution works for me too. Thank you guys!

Message 17 of 21

I must admit that I got a bit confused. I used this solution under windows XP and Win7, but trying the same under Windows 8.1 is not very much an idea I think.

I replace the files as always, but even though they're newer, the error message appears as before... The funny thing that sometimes it works, sometimes not. From time to time I can see, that the old dlls are back...

I am working with AutoCAD MEP 2011 under Windows 8.1, 32GB RAM, i7, Startup and app drives are SSDs.

Please help me if you can solve this problem, i'm getting nuts. And please do not convince me to upgrade the MEP 🙂

Marcin Surowiec

CEO@MWI

Poland

Message 18 of 21
mcquaidef

Perfect! I would have never figured that out!
One thing....I think the second file you refer to is dunzip32.dll. I think you left the "n" out by accident. Cheers!
Message 19 of 21
gidi-yubateam

hi, i have the same issue and i tried replacing the dzip.dll and dunzip.dll. I tried deleting them, copied from older versions. nothing. still get the same eTransmit error: "An error occurred attempting to create the transmittal. Please make sure the target location is writable and that the target disk has sufficient space". Yesterday i ran a full new reinstallation of the whole system, starting with Windows. I completely deleted the hard drive partition and created a new one, everything was done like it came out of the factory. After the installation of autocad 2013 (the one we use in the office), i got the etransmit error. And I still get it, and nothing i do helps. We use eTransmit alot in the office and this is a really bad problem for us. please advise on a fix for this. thank you
Message 20 of 21

Thank you very much, the transfer of files effectively modifies the condition of being able to create the e-Transmit files, the .dll files I took from the autocad folder.

Best regards

Blas O. Reyes Huerta

Gerente General
BREYES Ingeniería
+56-2-23611228
+56-9-8-8086581

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost