AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dashed lines are shown as continuous

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
18099 Views, 15 Replies

dashed lines are shown as continuous

dashed lines are showing as continuous in both model and paperspace
the property tab shows the linetype as by layer when i click on the line
and under the layers proper manager the linetype for the layer says dashed
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jkrieg
in reply to: Anonymous

are they set to be annotative? what is your ltscale set to?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

the drawing is set to 1/8" scale
Message 4 of 16
jkrieg

Can you post the drawing and I will take a look? (keep in mind drawing scale is different than ltscale)
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

how do you post a drawing and how do you find out what the ltscale is
Message 6 of 16
jkrieg

type "ltscale" at the command line. To post a drawing, note that when you post a message/reply at the bottom of the box you type in is an area to attach files, it is there you would click browse and attached the drawing in question to your post.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

the ltscale factor is 48.00
Message 8 of 16
jkrieg

Which lines/layers are you having trouble with?
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

the lines in the A-PATH layer
Message 10 of 16
jkrieg

Couple of things, set ltscale to 1. This allowed for the path linetype to show properly, but then some of your other linetypes where off, I checked some of the individual lines and they had independent ltscales at something like 0.125, so I changed all those back to 1 and everything looks to be displaying properly, see the attached. Hope this helps.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

it looks great. thanks alot
Message 12 of 16
jkrieg

Glad to help...
Message 13 of 16
David_W_Koch

Glad to see your problem got solved. If you are interested, you can read more about the way the MSLTSCALE system variable (new in 2008) has changed the way linetypes are displayed and avoids the need for having to change LTSCALE for different scales.
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2007/02/no-more-ltscalepsltscale-problems.html

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

Hi there, I am having some trouble with the DASHEDX2 lines in the modelling. The lines are showing up as solid lines and I am unsure how to fix it. I have read through various forums and have tried everything including LTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, MSLTSCALE. None of which seem to be working. I only just somehow fixed the same problem which was happening in the paper space.

I have attached the .dwg drawing file I am working on.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks.

Message 15 of 16
David_Knight

LTSCALE 1 (or .5)

PSLTSCALE 1

MSLTSCALE 1

fixed the problem in your drawing for me in paper space.  This is because you have the paper space set to "Scale to fit".

basiclaly your drawing is very tiny...

You're drawing in mm.  So the length of those lines are only 15mm long.  super small.  on the bottom right change your scale factor to 1:1 and they should read much better.

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

Ahh..! awesome thanks for that. I did manage to get the dashed lines to appear in the paper space by changing the LTSCALE from 1 to 0.5, but it still did'nt change in the modelling space. Got it working now! Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost