AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing tags

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bjm81
400 Views, 4 Replies

customizing tags

I like the usuability of the door and window and section tags that come out of the box. I also love that they are on the ribbon. however, I would like to change the look of the tags. Like make smaller and change fonts, or adding info like room sq ftg.

how do I go about doing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
leothebuilder
in reply to: bjm81

Create the geometry of the tag with lines of text you want to see e.g.

room number

room s.f.

room perimeter

On the Annotate Tab, Scheduling, click on the down arrow and select "ceate tag"

Select all the object that you want part of your tag.

In the dialog box that appears, in the second column, change the "text" to "property" for each line of text.

In the next column for "property sets" select the "space objects"

In the next column for "property definition" select for each line the property you want to see in your tag for

example "base area" and "base perimeter".

Click OK to exit the dialog box and you will be prompted for an insertion point for the tag.

Hint: create the tag at the actual scale of 1.......the tag will be annotative and will scale according your your setting.

Drag the tag onto a tool palette where in the tool properties you can set the layer for insertion etc. etc.

Best to keep these custom tags in a "style" drawing.

Of course when creating the tag you can use any font and font size you want as well as the border geometry.

Message 3 of 5
bjm81

So you are saying I have to create a tool palette instead of using the ribbon? I guess I can turn of that panel of the ribbon so my users dont get confused.

Will this work ok if I need to use a schedule with these blocks?

Message 4 of 5
leothebuilder

No...you dont have to use tool palettes.

If you want these available from the ribbon you will have to customize the ribbon and write a macro command

to insert the tag.

If you have multiple users, you will have to have these custom tags in a style drawing and locate this on the server so all your users have access.

Then you would have to customize the ribbon for each user of create CUI and transfer to all workstations.

Creating tool palettes and shared tool palettes may be easier if you are not used to CUI customization

Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch

If you want to access your tags from the ribbon, you will still want to create tool palette tools.  The AECRIBBONTOOL command is used by the out-of-the-box tools (and can be used by you if you want to create a custom panel with your own content) to invoke a tool palette tool from the ribbon.  The tool palette tool need not be on the currently active tool palette or tool palette group, just one that is available in the current workspace/profile.  The out-of-the-box ribbon tools reference tools on a "hidden" tool palette that is not part of any tool palette group (except, of course, the All Palettes group).

If you plan to create custom ribbon tools for your tags, you may find this Tech Talk article of interest:

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=tech_talk_detail&article_id=203&jid=9835

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost