AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleanupscales utility for 2013

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
trucdang3750
2686 Views, 8 Replies

cleanupscales utility for 2013

We are looking into upgrading to 2013.  We still get drawings with the scale list issue that you normally use the cleanupscales.exe utility.  We can't find a cleanupscales.exe utility for 2013.  Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: trucdang3750

The tool became obsolete with newer versions of AutoCAD since R2008-2009.

Are you having a specific problem/issue in 2013?

Message 3 of 9
trucdang3750

We are modifying the acad.lsp file to reset the scales using SCALELISTEDIT when it opens a file.  We're hoping that this will be okay.  This issue is that, in the past, we have trouble opening a file at all unless we ran the cleanupscales utility on the whole project.  We're fearing that the SCALELISTEDIT command may not work on those files since you have to open the file first.  At the moment we dont have a file to test on.

Message 4 of 9
pendean

When you find a file that does not work, post back: otherwise I've not seen this issue since R2009 was no longer current.

Message 5 of 9
bryce.thelin

There isn't a scale list cleanup utility for AutoCAD 2013. Dean is right. The problem shouldn't be happening anymore. AutoCAD has the built-in functionality to warn you about too many scales and give you the option to reset them. If you do find a drawing that doesn't work with this, please post it here so we can take a look at it.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 6 of 9

I am having the issue with 2012. However the project I working on is being done in 2009 so there are hundreds of xrefs with thousands of scales in each file. I can clean up the scales using the utility in 2009 from my desktop cpu but when i work from home in 2012, most of the files won't even open.

I understand that the problem shouldn't occur in the newer versions but that's assuming we starting new projects from new templates, etc. etc. The reality is we'll be working with legacy dwg's with thousands of scales for the next decade.

Message 7 of 9

There's a Scale List Cleanup Utility for both 2007 and 2010 drawings. Here is an article on our web site:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS10031804

Drawings from AutoCAD 2007, 2008, and 2009 should work with the utility for 2008/2009. Drawings from AutoCAD 2010, 2011, and 2012 should work with the utility for 2010. No utility for drawings in 2013 format.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 8 of 9

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
mjir
in reply to: randyspear6624

Just for the record - Autodesk has released Cleanup Scales utility for 2013 and 2014:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21482846&linkID=9240898

Best Regards

Morten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost