AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change layer color of an AEC objects

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ergig
4381 Views, 5 Replies

change layer color of an AEC objects

Hi,

I'm just wondering if I can change the properties of an AEC object, like color for instance.

Thanks..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: ergig

Yes, you can.  For objects with display components set to Layer 0 and color ByBlock and the parent AEC object is set to color ByLayer, the component will display with the color of the layer on which the parent AEC object resides, and changing the color of the layer will change the color of the object.  If you are looking to change the color used for an "automatically" generated layer when creating an AEC object, then you will need to know the Layer Key that object uses and then modify the Layer Key Style you are using to have the layer created with the desired color.  (Note that doing so will NOT change the layer color in any drawings where the layer already exists.)

If the component of your AEC object is not set to color ByBlock, then you will likely need to make changes to the Display System, although there are other things that may need to be done, depending upon the object type.  If you can provide more detail on exactly you are trying to do, someone here may be able to give specific directions.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
ergig
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for the reply. Basically, what I'm trying to achieve is to be able to put my background (plan) into a light color (253) to clearly show electrical informations. The plans that I'm using are sections of a 3D model that was created from Architectural Autocad which shows up as AEC_2D SECTION when I select the plan.

Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

I am not certain how easily you can contol the colors of 2D Section/Elevations after they are generated, particularly if they are externally referenced.  Do you have AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP?  If so, and if you have the full model, you could generate your own sections (or regenerate the ones already created), using a different 2D Section/Elevation Style that maps everything to color 253.

If not, can you get the person/firm that is generating the sections to set up a 2D Section/Elevation Style that generates the sections entirely in color 253?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
ergig
in reply to: David_W_Koch

yah, I do have MEP, I guesss that's the only option I got. Thanks David.  

Message 6 of 6
sbutler502

Why not dumb down the Arch drawing to R14? Now it is just line work, set everything to color bylayer. You are just using it as background. Kudos on getting an actual drawing to work with, usually I'm stuck with a pdf if I can get anything from an architect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost