AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build panel

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1107 Views, 7 Replies

build panel

just loaded 2015 and I can't get the build panel (smart walls & doors) to load.  when I right click in the ribbon build doesn't evern come up as an option to turn on.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you install AutoCAD Architecture, and not "vanilla" AutoCAD?  If yes, are you running AutoCAD Architecture as AutoCAD Architecture (using one of the out-of-the-box profiles) or are you running it "as AutoCAD"?  (Did you start the program from a desktop shortcut or did you just double-click on a DWG file in Windows Explorer?)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

We are using full architectural version.  out of the box profile.  I have tried opening it both ways through the short cut on my deck top and through windows explorer.  We purchased (3) copies and installed it on all the machines and all the panels are showing up on the other machines.  The same person did all 3 up loads, so nothing was done different.

Message 4 of 8
David_W_Koch

What Custom User Interface [CUI] file is being used for the main CUI file on the computer that does not have the Build panel?  is it ACAD.cuix or ACA.cuix?  (You may know this, but in case you do not, you can check the name of the main CUI file in the Options dialog, on the Files tab, Customization Files node, Main Customization File sub-node.)

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

It shows we are using ACA.cuix. 

Message 6 of 8
dbroad

Have you tried a reinstall or repair install?  I believe that there is also a reset option on the start menu.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 8
David_W_Koch

I assume when you right clicked on the ribbon, you chose the Show Panels flyout when checking for the potential presense of the Build panel, and found it was not there.

Does the balance of your Home tab consist of the AutoCAD Architecture version?  [Build], Draw, Modify, Layers, Annotation, Inquiry, Section & Elevation, Details, View and Transparency, rather than the vanilla AutoCAD Draw, Modify, Layers, Annotation, Block, Properties, Groups, Utilities and Clipboard.  Are the rest of your ribbon tabs the ACA ones or vanilla AutoCAD ones?  Does your Manage ribbon have a Style & Display panel?

Open the Customize User Interface dialog (CUI command), and, on the Customize tab, in the upper left pane, expand the Workspaces node under the ACA node.  Select the workspace that has "(current)" after its name, and in the upper right pane, expand the Ribbon Tabs node.  Is the first tab called Home - ACA (rather than Home - 2D, Home - 3D or Home - 3D Basics, or some other name)?  If not, then you may be using a Home tab that was imported from the ACAD.cuix.

If you have not made many customizations, you might want to open the Customize User Interface dialog (CUI command) and, on the Customize tab, in the upper left pane, right click on the ACA node and choose Reset ACA.CUIX from the context menu.  Or, if you have customizations you would prefer not to lose, and you have a Build - ACA panel defined (upper left pane, ACA > Ribbon > Panels > Build ACA), you could try to add it back to Home - ACA ribbon tab (upper left pane, ACA > Ribbon > Tabs > Home - ACA).

If Home - ACA is not in the current workspace, then you will need to add it.  Select the current workspace in the upper left pane (under ACA > Workspaces).  In the upper right pane (Workspace Contents), select the Customize Workspace button.  Back in the upper left pane, under ACA > Ribbon, expand the Tabs node and scroll down to the Home - ACA item.  Click on box in front of that item to add a check mark to the box and add the tab to the current workspace.  In the upper right pane, expand the Ribbon Tabs node to verify that Home - ACA is present and to move it to the top of the list, if necessary.  Select the Home - ACA item in the upper right pane and review its properties in the lower right pane.  Verify that the Show property (Appearance category) is set to Yes.  If you are done making workspace changes, select the Done button in the upper right pane to end workspace editing mode.  Select OK to ratify the changes and return to the drawing.

If you cannot find the items above in the CUI editor, then your ACA.cuix file may be beyond repair, and Doug's suggestion of a repair install or full reinstallation may be in order.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you I will look into this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost