AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zones & Spaces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
398 Views, 2 Replies

Zones & Spaces

Hi

I am preparing presentation drawings for a hospital and have set up my own space styles for the different departments. I was wondering how you add text data to the space style. For example i want to show the floor areas of each department but dont want to be doing individual area calculations and then typing the areas on myself.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

You may want to look into the Scheduling/Property Data features. For individual Spaces, adding a Property Set with an automatic property for area to the Space (or Space style) and then creating a Schedule Tag to display the data would avoid having to manually type the information. For departments consisting of multiple Spaces, you may be able to use a Zone to aggregate the individual Spaces in a given department, and then use an automatic property in a Property Set to get the total area of the Zone.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried, Themes? If it is only for a presentation.
I used it yesterday, I wanted to show using solid colors the different areas of a building.
Themes change the presentation only while you indicate to match "mechanical yard" with "maintenance" theme, so it paint the space in the way you want. You can always have the solid colors or hatches indicating the right department and the space tags in the same view
Put a sheet with this view and the legend and you are done.
I hope it helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost