AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref Selection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tdodd
279 Views, 3 Replies

Xref Selection

I have loaded an xref in to my working file.  I temporarily unloaded the xref so that it would not be in the way as I was editing my drawing.  Eventhough the xref is unloaded and I can not see it on screen it still highlights and becomes visable as if I picked it with my fence while I am trying to edit other entities to my drawing.  Any thoughts on how I can stop this behavior?  Thanks, Todd

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pothied
in reply to: tdodd

Hi Todd - the behavior that you describe is very strang. Are you still having this problem? Does it happen only with a specific file? Is the xref loaded as an Overlay or Attachment?

It might help if you could create a quick video showing what you are doing and what is happening. Could you do that?

David Pothier

Message 3 of 4
tdodd
in reply to: pothied

Yes I am still having this problem.  I have had it ever since I installed ACA 2012 on our machines.  It happens in multiple files and has happened on everyones computers not just mine.  As far as I can tell all xref's are set as overlays.  It happens so often it would be hard to check evey file but it is company standard to use overlay.

I don't think I have the capability to create a movie otherwise I would gladly do it.

Message 4 of 4
pothied
in reply to: tdodd

I think that a video would be very helpful here. You can download and install a free tool from Techsmith to create screen captures or videos. You can download that here: http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost