AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref Frames...

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
marc
66168 Views, 12 Replies

Xref Frames...

Ok, somehow I've unset or mis set a setting. The Frames from clipping my xrefs won't go away.

I go to the insert menu and click "hide frames" and then save the drawing...if I go to another drawing and come back to the one I just saved the "hide frames" in...THE FREAKIN' FRAMES ARE BACK!!!

What am I missing?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
atobiasz
in reply to: marc

try using the command XCLIPFRAME (altternative the  the command FRAME will change all frame settings including IMAGEFRAME, OLEFRAME and what else there is)

setting:

0 = frame removed and does not plot

1 = frame visible and will plot

2 = frame visible but will not plot

----------------------------
Adam T.
Autodesk Enthusiast
Message 3 of 13
marc
in reply to: atobiasz

perfect! Thanks!!!!

Message 4 of 13
Jwareing

I have been haveing issues with frames as well checked my settings with the Frame command and it was set to 3 what is that

Message 5 of 13
marc
in reply to: atobiasz

ok, setting the xclipframe to "0" will turn them off, just like using the pull down menus do, but the file is not retaining the setting.

When I quit out of the drawing and come back to it, the frames are back showing again. Surly there is a profile setting or something that is an "overall" setting for that set of commands.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 13
leothebuilder

The Frame setting overrides all the individual settings for IMAGEFRAME, DWFFRAME, DNGFRAME, and XCLIPFRAME

The setting is saved in the drawing file, it is not a system setting.

My guess is that you have this setting override your XCLIPFRAME setting (also saved in the drawing)

I would change these settings in your template file to what you want, so you'll never have to worry about them again.

Message 7 of 13
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Jwareing

The FRAME command is capable of resetting all of the *FRAME variables, except SPLFRAME:  DGNFRAME, DWFFRAME, OLEFRAME, PDFFRAME, XCLIPFRAME and IMAGEFRAME.  The values you can set are as given previously, 0, 1 or 2.  If the values of all of the system variables linked to FRAME are the same, then FRAME will report that value.  If they are not all the same, FRAME will report a value of 3 to indicate that they are not the same, but you cannot set FRAME to 3 directly.

SPLFRAME remained unchanged when using FRAME, in ACA 2011.  I am not sure if that remains true in other versions.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 13
marc
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I understand all that, and it works...ONE TIME...but does not retain the settings if I quit out of the drawing (saving first of course) and then come back to it, the frames are back again.

Message 9 of 13
leothebuilder

If it does not retain the settings for XCLIPFRAME, do you have some kind of start up routine that sets (or resets) all your variables?

The XCLIPFRAME settings are saved with the drawing.

Message 10 of 13
doroneshel
in reply to: leothebuilder

If you save the DWG to a version earlier than 2004 it will not retain your frame settings.

Message 11 of 13
juan

XCLIPFRAME will not override IMAGEFRAME in AUTOCADLT2017
Message 12 of 13
David_W_Koch
in reply to: juan

Welcome to the community!

XCLIPFRAME will not override IMAGEFRAME in any version.  The FRAME command can be used to change the IMAGEFRAME, DWFFRAME, PDFFRAME, DGNFRAME, XCLIPFRAME, and WIPEOUTFRAME settings to the same setting as the new value for the FRAME system variable.  Values you can input are

• 0 - The frame is not visible and it is not plotted.  The frame temporarily reappears during selection preview or object selection.
  • 1 - Displays and plots the frame.
  • 2 - Displays but does not plot the frame.

The FRAME system variable can also show a current value of 3, which means that the six System Variables it controls do not all have the same value.  You cannot set a value of 3 directly, but you can make the value be 3 by changing at least one of the System Variables shown above to a value that is different from at least one of the others.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 13 of 13
thanujap

to the point!! thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost