AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
467 Views, 5 Replies

Xclip

I am working in Windows 7 with a 64 bit processor and have had to drop back to AutoCad 2007 since 2008 would not load on the computer...will be updating soon, but for now, I need help.  I have an xref that has been xclip'd.  When I am selecting anything outside of the xclip, I am snapping to invisible lines or objects in the xref.  Is there a command that turns this function on or off?  Or is this just another problem with the 64 bit computer?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
thomasjm
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having a similar problem in 2012: I turned the xclip boundary off, but when I go to move or copy or whatever, and I happen to be where the boundary is (though I can't see it), I end up selecting the xref too.  Anybody? Help?

Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: thomasjm

Place the XREF on it's own unique layer (call it XREF for example), then FREEZE it instead of doing whatever else you've tried, that should stop you from selecting it by mistake.

Message 4 of 6
thomasjm

I noticed that it turns off the xref so that is not a solution because I need the xref there for a reference to place lines, objects, dimensions, etc.

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: thomasjm

LOCK the unique layer?

Message 6 of 6
thomasjm

Duh!  I should have been able to figure that out.  Thanks!  Funny, never had this problem before upgrading to Windows 7...

Consider the problem SOLVED.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost