AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Reflected

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jazzmaine
649 Views, 3 Replies

Work Reflected

At one point, before I upgraded to AutoCAD Architecture 2013, I could choose the option to view "Standard Detail", "Medium Detail", "Reflected", etc. Now I only see "Standard" and "Medium" as the options. How would do I add the option to view as an RCP? Much thanks!

Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leothebuilder
in reply to: jazzmaine

What template did you use to start your drawing in ACA2013 ?

I don't have 2012 and am on 2012.

In 2012 the template I use for new drawings is OOTB template which has all the display configurations I want/need.

In you case you may have used a template that has just these 2 display configs set up.

if you want to add, you can do this through the Manage tab on the ribbon and select Display Manager.

You may find it easier to find a template that has all these display configs already defined and through the Display Manager copy and paste these into your drawing.

Message 3 of 4
ntellery
in reply to: leothebuilder

If I remember correctly I was advised that pasting DispReps into another drawing is not advisable and it was better to paste data into a more suitable template.  This was because of the complexity of DR's and it may not be copying everything you want to come across and end up in a worse mess.

I would also take a look in Options > files tab and see which template is setup (Or the tab AEC Proj Defaults if using the PN). It may be you didn't start the drawing so it would be worth following back and finding out who started the drawing and getting them to check their settings to.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 4 of 4
leothebuilder
in reply to: jazzmaine

I have copy/pasted display configurations between drawings numerous times without any problems.

When I use this method I copy/paste the configurations, sets and representations by objects.

But you're correct, it's better to start with the correct template.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost