AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Keyboard & Mice & ACA2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BBP-Arch
1680 Views, 5 Replies

Wireless Keyboard & Mice & ACA2011

I'm upgrading my system and am wondering about the mouse & keyboard. It seems like everything is wireless. It's very difficult to find a mouse or keyboard that is corded. Am I overly concerned? Do any of you use wireless keyboards? Do they have problems? Is there a precision problem? what if my workstation is under my desk?

Rudimentary questions, to be sure, but I don't know any CAD people here that have wireless anything...except cell phones! I thought I'd toss this out to the pros...well?

Thanks,

Scott

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Oilymo
in reply to: BBP-Arch

I cannot comment on the compatibility of the peripherals with ACA 2011 but I can give a warning to the use of a wireless mouse.  We decided to get two in place of our standard 5 button Microsoft mice and after about 2 months were suffering with very sore and aching wrists.  Normally the wireless mouse is heavier than the wired version due to the battery etc and this leads to the wrist strain.  We are now back on the good old faithful MS Mouse

Regards

Ben

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Keyboard and Mouse, wired or wireless, fit your hand or not, have nothing to do with ACA and there are no compatibility issues.

However, as a CAD Manager, I seem to spend more time troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard "hiccups" in Windows and all applications installed (stops working, jumpy mouse, changing batteries constantly or users fogetting to put them back on the cradles for recharge, or losing the tiny USB plug-ins on laptops, reset keyboard and reset mouse etc.) that I have basically thrown all of them in the trash and switched everyone to wired devices only. I've not had to deal with a single mouse/keyobard issue in over a year now. I've got better things to do at work than deal with peripherals that don't live up to the hype and users who seem unable to follow basic directions.

Message 4 of 6
jmcintyre

I made the mistake of buying a wireless mouse and found the slight lag in response truely annoying. Wouldn't recommend them.

Message 5 of 6
pkolarik

I have all of the options you listed:

Wireless mouse, and wireless keyboard... and my cpu is underneath my desk.

I've had this specific setup with these three exact piece of eqeuipment for about 2 1/2 years now and the only "issue" I've come across with any of it so far is that every 6 months or so I have to change the batteries in my mouse (it's not a rechargable one with a cradle).

I've had a wireless mouse with my desktop under the desk for probably 5 years now and no problems there either (just that this specific mouse and keyboard "set" is only a couple years old).

There's been no problems with jumpy mouse, no lag noticed, nothing. And the added plus of having no cords getting in the way of things.

(both keyboard and mouse are logitech products)

So I say, go for it.

Message 6 of 6
BBP-Arch
in reply to: pkolarik

Thanks everybody. I'm giving wireless a try...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost