AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 with AutoCAD

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Dhrd
9875 Views, 12 Replies

Windows 8 with AutoCAD

Has anyone tried the newly released version of Windows 8 with AutoCAD? If so, how does it work?

My office is using ACA 2009 & 2013 with Windows 7.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sminocchi
in reply to: Dhrd

I have windows 8 but I can' t install autocad 2013. if autodesk doesn' t prepare a new version compatible I' ll have to do the downgrade. u have some info??

Message 3 of 13
pendean
in reply to: sminocchi

No official announcements yet.

But I seriously doubt 2009 will be listed as approved, it's been retired.

Message 4 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: pendean

deans right

2009 wasn't even approved for Windows 7

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
Dhrd

Yes, you are right. But, I run ACA 2009, ACA 2013 & Revit 2013 on Windows 7 without any problems.

I was just wondering if any of these programs ran on Windows 8.

Message 6 of 13
DarrenP

they may run but autodesk hasn't tested their software on Windows 8 yet

who knows when they will

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
sminocchi

so if I don' t want any problems I have to do downgrade? I need to work in autocad and autodesk doesn't say anything about test in windows 8..help me please!!

Message 8 of 13
DarrenP

help with what?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
sminocchi

thank u but i can't find any info abaut when they'll solve the problem..I don't have much time to wait..what do u think?

Message 11 of 13
pendean

It could be solved this week, or next month or January or March or they could just wait for R2014: they don;t pre-announce their plans.

If you need a fix today, you need Win7.

Installation Help from Autodesk
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Message 12 of 13
El_Conquistador
in reply to: pendean

I have AutoCAD Architecture 2012 64 bit installed on my Windows 8 machine and it is running just fine. You might have some user account control settings but they can be tweaked to work.  (I don't know which ones.)  The only issue I have seen is that when exiting AutoCAD it will send a report to Autodesk (nearly every time).  I have also noticed that upon exit I have recieved a couple of "Fatal Errors". However to date I have yest to lose any information as it does what I want and then crashes on exit.  Neither has happened today but that doesn't mean it won't.

Message 13 of 13
paulmokwena

Cannot setup AutoCAD Architecture 2009 on Windows 8 operating system. Please help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost