AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my wall cleanup error affect conflict resolution?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
xEndlessxUrbiax
568 Views, 2 Replies

Will my wall cleanup error affect conflict resolution?

I am using AutoCAD Architecture 2011. 

I have a complicated interior area where my walls can't clean up properly even though they are located in the right place. The wall is located at the center point of two columns which are all drawn as metal stud walls and gyp board with correct material cleanup priorities. I have a curtain wall anchored to the stud wall with sill height of 1'-4" and head height of 10'-8". I want to see the wall show up below and above the curtain wall which it does in axonometric view, but in plan, the cleanup error hides the wall completely. The fact that the wall below the curtain wall doesn't show up in plan is not the main issue, I just want to know if this wall will be able to take part in the conflict resolution I will be running later in the model or will it not because it has a cleanup error? Also, if you have any suggestions to make this wall cleanup properly, I'd love to try them. 

Thanks.

Wall Plan.jpg

Wall Axon.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Did you hover your cursor over the yellow triangle of elucidation to get the solution tip?  If not, do so, and see what ACA suggests the problem might be.  No guarantee that what is suggested is the problem, but often the problem is listed there.  I would look at the Wall Openings Endcap assigned to the Wall.  The "curtain wall" (is is a Curtain Wall, which would not be anchored to or cut an opening in the Wall on initial placement, or is it a Door/Window Assembly, which can be anchored to the Wall and cut an opening) appears to run out to the end of the Wall extents.  If the Wall Opening Endcap (as assigned in the Wall Style, or as overriden on the "curtain wall" instance) has returning geometry (wrapping GWB, for example), then the cleanup error may be due to the fact that there is no room for the Wall Opening Endcap to be drawn.  Changing it to Standard, which, if you did not redefine it, is a simple straight line with no wrapping components, generally will fix that issue.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the response. I did try changing the endcaps to "standard", and I thought this would solve the issue too but it did not. I also tried moving the end grips 1/32" and 1/64" in to see if that fixed it... it sometimes works. 

Someone at my office suggested just changing the wall cleanup definition of that wall so that it doesn't even cleanup with the column walls. That worked although I would have preffered a 'cleaner' way to solve it. 

I still do wonder if conflict resolutions take into account walls with cleanup problems... I'll test it out later and post a reply if no one has an answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost