AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where would I find Tool Palette Group info stored at?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jason_S
1121 Views, 2 Replies

Where would I find Tool Palette Group info stored at?

I have some tool palette groups that I would like to share with all users but can't seem to find where they are stored at. Creating a Profile didn't work. Looking in the CUIX file and can' seem to find it there.

Thanks for the help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jason_S

copy the profile.aws files from 3 locations on your computer to the 3
locations on the other computers
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Autodesk\ACA
2010\enu\Support\Profiles
2010\enu\Support\Profiles\AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)
2010\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile

wrote in message news:6390913@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have some tool palette groups that I would like to share with all users
but can't seem to find where they are stored at. Creating a Profile didn't
work. Looking in the CUIX file and can' seem to find it there.

Thanks for the help.
Message 3 of 3
brentcole3410
in reply to: Jason_S

Just ran into same problem trying to transfer numerous new profiles with tool palette groups to numerous workstations.  We did this:

Create your profiles with tool palettes and associated groups.  Export your profile for safety.  Find your profile group storage files under your local user directory  %USERPROFILE%\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad mechanical 2012\r18.2\enu\support\profiles\

Copy the all of these folders and associated *.AWS files inside.  Place all of these folders on a network drive. 

Find "Autodesk/Autocad/.........../Profiles/" in your registery.  In registery look under EACH "Profile" folder and find "General" folder.  Find PROFILESTORAGE  and edit & change the path shown to your network drive.

You will then have to get a little more involved and write a program or BAT file to copy the Creator's autocad registery and launch them over the network to the desired workstion.

As a backup, when I create an individual tool palette structured into groups I use the tool palette customization option and "Export All" and save the tool palette group as CLIENT.XPG.  This enables me to add a new tool palette & group without necessarily messing with a profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost