AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall defect warnings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
daronj
3251 Views, 6 Replies

Wall defect warnings

These use to be on a layer that could be turned off.  I don't see them listed in the wall style, display properties.  I guess they have been removed, or moved.  Is it possible to stil turn them display off?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: daronj

Assuming that you are using a version that has the orange triangles of elucidation (solution tips), rather than the red circles of death (defect markers) that were used in older versions, you have discovered that the solution tips are no longer a display component.

You can still control visibility of solution tips.  In the Options dialog, on the AEC Editor tab, in the lower left corner is the Solution Tips area.  There are separate toggles for displaying solution tips when drafting and when plotting/publishing.  So you can leave them on for drafting, and have them off (and therefore, not plotting) when plotting or publishing, which is the settings I would recommend.  If you have Wall cleanup errors, chances are at least one Wall is not displaying the way you want, and it is easier to see that when the solution tips are turned on.  But if you really want them off when drafting, you can do so.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
daronj
in reply to: David_W_Koch

That worked, thanks.

I like them to show, but some in the office don't. Just glad you can still control display & plotting.

Message 4 of 7
randerson

Is there any other way to hide these. A user in my firm has followed the Options route, but they still plot. Could it be an xref issue?

Message 5 of 7
MarySeufert
in reply to: randerson

It is a global setting. Are you using an older version of ADT that has the solution tips on a layer as David mentions?

With these settings, I can not replicate in ACA 2012.

AEC Editor.JPG

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: randerson

I have not tested this (we have it set to show for drafting, but not to show when plotting/publishing in our template file), but I would suggest that if you do not want them to plot, that you turn off plotting both in the file where the Wall is modeled as well as in any file that externally references that file.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch

Mary is correct; it is saved in the registry. So the users for whom it is plotting must have enabled it for plotting/publishing.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost