AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall clean-up / modification

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mrdavie
374 Views, 4 Replies

Wall clean-up / modification

I use a lot of desktop features but rarely the wall objects just because of the nature of most of the work this office produces. HOWEVER, I have a need to show gyp board on partitions in plan and wall objects are the only way to go.

The attached drawings has two wall styles, one with gyp bd on both sides of a stud and one with gyp bd on one side of the stud. I am creating plumbing chases which have gyp board on one side of the stud.

Viewing the point where the chase stud walls terminate at a wall with gyp bd on boths sides of it, there is gyp bd showing on the inside of the chase. How do I remove that?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrdavie
in reply to: mrdavie

I made it work! Don't ask me how, but if you have any comments about this subject, please reply.
Message 3 of 5
sam.chan

Hi,
This is an example using AutoCAD Architecture 2010 's Wall Cleanup Edit in-place. Please see if this is what you want.
Thanks,
Sam
Message 4 of 5
mrdavie

Thanks for the reply, Sam. I examined your drawing in AArch 2010 (although I use 2009). I separated the walls and then attempted to edit the endcap of the vertical wall but got a message that the endcap was shared with another wall (although I had separated the walls from each other).

As I indicated, I use AARch 2009 and I don't know what improvements were made to wall endcap modification between the two versions. The fact that Autodesk changed the file compatibility for 2010 is what has hindered our firm's migration to 2010.

Attached is another drawing I would appreciate you looking at. You can see the little piece of missing gypsum wall board.
Message 5 of 5
sam.chan

Sorry for my late reply - I was in vacation and is recently back.

Attached please find an attached drawing and see if that satisfies your need.
I did not use Endcap Edit in-place but Cleanup Edit in-place (a new functionality introduced in AutoCAD Architecture 2010). The former one is used at a single wall end condition, and the later one is used at a wall cleanup condition (For example, the joint where two walls are connected). You can access the function by selecting walls forming the wall joint you want to edit, and click the button Cleanup Edit in Place from the Ribbon. Alternatively, you can enter command WALLCLEANUPEDIT, select the walls forming the wall joint, press Enter to enter Edit in-place mode. Once you are in Edit in-place mode (similar to Endcap Edit in-place mode) you can edit the component directly via the component grips or using provided tools to achieve the result you need. Personally I find Cleanup Edit in-place most useful when the layout of the walls are finished and there will be none to little modification to that wall joint being edited.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Sam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost