AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Styles - Getting Structural Members To Show

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Hugh_Compton
255 Views, 0 Replies

Visual Styles - Getting Structural Members To Show

I've been taking 2D elevations of my 3D models for many years now.  The elevations come out 'crisp' and clean. 

I would like to try using my 3D models directly in paperspace viewports.  To get the 3D models looking correct I have tried creating two visual styles.  One for Hidden Line views and one for Hidden Line views with hidden (occluded) lines shown as dashed.

In the attached file (2013 ACA) my Visual Representations look acceptable but when I print (or print preview) the structural members disappear.  If I select 'Facet Edges' under Edge Settings then the Structural Memvers appear BUT the 3D solids look awful with lots of unnecessary lines. 

Is there a way to get the AutoCAD solids and the structural members to both show up acceptably? (perhaps something in the Display manager?) If someone has an example DWG with their models shown in the viewports then that's be great.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost