AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using massing element from tool palette

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
463 Views, 3 Replies

Using massing element from tool palette

I am new to ACA and was trying to use the massing element from either the build ribbon on home page or design tool palette. I select the icon and then right click the properties box and all the dimension boxes are gray not letting me input data. I cannot find out how to change them to be editable. What have I done wrong?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree that that is a bit confusing, but you can't create a new Arch by right-clicking on the tool palette and filling in properties.  Drag the icon to your drawing and  enter the desired dimensions following the instructions (First Corner or [Shape]...) .  Once you have something created, you can then right-click the object to bring up the Properties Palette where you will be able to enter the specific dimensions.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: KathyMoffa

I've done that. The command line show masselementadd and then nothing else. When I click on the drawing area I get on the command line "specify opposite corner or Fence WPolygon or CPolygon.
Message 4 of 4
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

When you left click a mass element shape, you should immediately see the shape selected (arch, box, pyramid, etc.) on your screen, with the command "First Corner or [SHape].  If you enter the command, Masselementadd, from the command line, you should immediately see a box.   The command line instructions "specify opposite corner or Fence WPolygon or CPolygon" is a Windows Crossing/Selection command, which indicates that the masselement add command is no longer active when you click in your drawing space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost