AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underlay issue with MicroStation files- ACA 2011

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
robertgraham7992
228 Views, 0 Replies

Underlay issue with MicroStation files- ACA 2011

Hello Everyone-  I'm supporting a project team that is working with MicroStation V8 and ACA 2011 on the same project.  In the past there have been some inconsistencies with translating from one to the other then back again....so I've suggested that they use underlay’s of the MS information in their ACA files.  Sounds like an okay workflow given the situation, here's the issue.

What I'm noticing is that the MS file has some references in it, once this file is brought into an ACA file it shows up as expected, but it also creates a .DWG file for each of the references in the MS file.  I can't find any information in the help documentation about why this is taking place.  In the XREF manager the MS file shows as a single XREF file with no nested references.  What concerns me is if ACA is using these created .DWG files for some sort of place holder for reference information, the info really should be coming from the MS files and not any .DWG files that are being created from ACA.

Any insight is appreciated,

RG

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost