AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - Wall Component not Displaying Below Cut Plane

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
286 Views, 3 Replies

URGENT - Wall Component not Displaying Below Cut Plane

For some reason, I can not get the entire component in my wall to display below the cut plane...it will only show up at the opening and door condition. I've tried adding a cut plane, didn't work. Please see the attached file for the wall in question.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bt-arch
in reply to: Anonymous

Move the cut plane to -4" or so. Then add a manual cut plan at +42" or so if you want to see the openings and all that above the footing.

Like attached. Is that what you want to see?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Not quite what I'm looking for. Basically, I want to cut through the precast component and see the concrete component below...I don't want to see the rest of the components. I'm banging my head against the desk trying to figure out why the "door and opening" lines display and the entire edge doesn't.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Ok, just had the light bulb go on upstairs 😉 I duplicated the display rep for the Precast Foundation and made essentially a "sill" rep for the concrete below. Just like doors have a threshold plan. I then changed the display of the wall in the new display rep to only show the concrete and the cut plane set to -4". This works for what we're trying to display.

See attached for updated wall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost