AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles opening files that are being used as xrefs in other drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
staber383
260 Views, 2 Replies

Troubles opening files that are being used as xrefs in other drawings

I've recently run into a problem that involves xrefs.  Basically, I cannot open files that are being xrefed in other drawings when those drawings are currently open.  AutoCAD Architecture will only allow me to open the xrefed file as a read-only version.  For example:

I have 1ST FLOOR PLAN (drawing file) xrefed into A-201.00 FIRST FLOOR PLAN (sheet file).  If one of my team members has the sheet file open with the drawing file loaded, then AutoCAD will only let me open the drawing file as a read-only file.  But if my team member has the sheet file open with the drawing file unloaded, then I can open the drawing file without any problems.

I have never had this type of problem with xrefs before and so I'm wondering if it's an AutoCAD Architecture 2012 bug.  Anyone else run into this problem?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: staber383

XLOADCTL = 2

XEDIT = 1

Message 3 of 3
staber383
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks, I'll try that.  I'm assuming that each person will need to set up these parameters on their workstation...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost