AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with layers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stujen
206 Views, 3 Replies

Trouble with layers

I am having trouble edit the layer properties of walls with ACAD Arch. I am trying to draw my floor plan in Arch while using CAD standards for the layers. When I use the "Design" drop-down it puts it on a layer labeled "A-WALL". It uses a certain line color and will not change the color when I put it on a diferent layer.Any suggestions?????
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: stujen

read up on layer key styles and wall
styles.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
am having trouble edit the layer properties of walls with ACAD Arch. I am
trying to draw my floor plan in Arch while using CAD standards for the layers.
When I use the "Design" drop-down it puts it on a layer labeled "A-WALL". It
uses a certain line color and will not change the color when I put it on a
diferent layer.Any suggestions?????
Message 3 of 4
cadman009

Under your wall style display properties you can specify layers for wall components. Anything you want to follow the wall layer can be put on layer 0 in the display properties. However, I would tend to let AutoCAD put the wall on the A-Wall layer and then just change the layer colors in your sheets whenever you want to change colors. That's the quick and dirty way to work with it. You can also set up display reps to assign different colors.
Message 4 of 4
OcciMO

If I remember right, the out of the box (OOTB) wall styles are driven by materials. If you want your walls to follow the layer colors and such, you'll likely end up editing your materials to use "bylayer" display properties. M.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost