AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool palettes have changed

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jacquelyn_s
768 Views, 11 Replies

Tool palettes have changed

Just on to ACA 2014 and noticed many of the detail tabs missing. No longer interior, exterior, etc. tabs and can't find how to replace them. Also Detail compnent manager toolbar icon gone and can't find command in CUI????

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cddrafting
in reply to: jacquelyn_s

I too only loaded BDSv14 and noticed alot is missing and weird things placed on the tool pallets. I have installed the metric version and I have imperial items mixed in with the metric items, there is no walls commands, there is no command for creating stairs and balustradings. This v14 may be a long relearning curve.

Chris
Message 3 of 12
pendean
in reply to: cddrafting

Sounds like you are running only AutoCAD or ACA "as AutoCAD": you don't appear to be running ARCHITECTUREas itself.
Message 4 of 12
jacquelyn_s
in reply to: pendean

I've since done a repair on the software and it got straightened out. In
every other respect it was ACA except for the tool palette and that prompted
my question. Still a couple of issues adding commands into toolbars through
CUI but I know Autodesk doesn't like them so it's understandable.

Thanks,

Jacquie
Message 5 of 12
BillGlennie

We suspect that the problem you saw with Tool Palettes and the CUI may be due to some specific issue with migration of settings from a previous release.  Can you contact us to provide some more information?  My e-mail is bill(dot)glennie(at)autodesk(dot)com.

Thanks for any help you can offer,   Bill

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 12
ntellery
in reply to: BillGlennie

I did use the migration option 13>>14, don't normally and won't again. I'll set up from scratch each time from now on.  Also noticed that despite ticking the box when installing (13) for installing any service packs, that it still needed to update a service pack after installation.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 7 of 12
BillGlennie
in reply to: ntellery

Jacquie sent an image of the ACA CUI file she has.  It is what I also see on a clean installation of ACA 2014.  There is only a single workspace and just that one toolbar in the CUI.  When you launch “as AutoCAD”, there are multiple workspaces (Drafting & Annotation, 3D Modeling, 3D Basics, and AutoCAD Classic) as well as lots of toolbars.  You can use the Transfer tab to bring toolbars from the AutoCAD CUI into ACA.  Or you may have previously migrated settings from a previous release where the interface had been adjusted. 

There is a legacy CUI file available that has the pull-down menus for ACA 2009, but those menus are not present in the default ACA.cui file. However, it does not contain any of the more recent commands, such as those for Wall Cleanup, which are only on the ribbon.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks,  Bill

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12
MaddCatter

I just loaded 14 and cant find the detail tools. 

It sounds like you fixed it, if so 

How ?

Message 9 of 12
MaddCatter
in reply to: pendean

How do I switch from Autocad to Architectural ?

Message 10 of 12
MaddCatter
in reply to: MaddCatter

Never mind.  Figured it out.  

Finally got it to work.  

Message 11 of 12
calfcreek_2

Please tell me that you are not going to start forcing us to use the ribbon even if we don't like it?

'Where is your ribbon!' (Cheesy Seinfeld reference)

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Message 12 of 12
jacquelyn_s
in reply to: calfcreek_2

I hate the ribbon also; it's slow and cumbersome and takes up too much
space. Hope toolbars and menus aren't eliminated

Jacquelyn Skeffington

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost