AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palette editing problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
caddman6425nah
646 Views, 3 Replies

Tool Palette editing problem

Hi all,

When I click on properties of a tool in the tool palette in ACA2011, I can't edit any fields.  What am I doing wrong?

--

Nick

--
Nick
AEC Design Services
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Is the palette on which the tool resides editable?  (Check the lower corner opposite the title spine for a refresh or lock icon, or check the palette's properties to see if is refreshable.)  If so, is the tool itself editable (look at the top of the tool's properties to see if it is refreshable)?  Any chance that the folder where the workspace palette is stored has been made read-only?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4

This seems to be where my problem lies.  I have a atc catalog of structural members.  Now, just for a test I brought in just one group, (lumber).  So when I clicked on it, the program said that it couldn't find that tool.  I then right clicked the tool and clicked on properties.  It was here that I saw that, under the General section, that style was set to standard, and there was no style location.  I clicked on the word style and style location and they highlight, but I can't change the value, it doesn't give me the option of the arrow off to the right to drop down a list and change the value.  The refresh box was checked so I tried unchecking it, it still didn't work.  None of the files are read only.

--

Nick

--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 4 of 4

Never mind, I reread your post and did the basics first.  I went to the tool palette spline, right clicked and went to properties and took out the checkmark from 'refresh from' and now the tools are editable.  Thanks for the help!

--

Nick

--
Nick
AEC Design Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost