AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palette Block Image

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ashermy13
1292 Views, 8 Replies

Tool Palette Block Image

I am adding blocks to my tool palette from a source drawing by clicking in the drawing and dragging them to the palette. I want the images to be in black and white rather tahn in color, but it seems there is no option for changing the image file. I have right clicked on the image in the properties menu,and there is no option to set image from. Is there a better way to create blocks on a palette other than drag and drop from a drawing or the design center?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ashermy13

Your file is in color, your image's preview is in color, TP and ADCENTER
will display those colors.

There is no monochrome option.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 9
ashermy13

There is a way, It was done on another computer in the office before, but every way I try to add thee blocks to the tp, mine are in color.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I'd be intrigued to find out how it was done.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 5 of 9
ashermy13

I did figure out how to get the images to display in black and white, although it had nothing to do with creating the tool. when a tool is created it also creates an image file (in the image folder) for each tool. Open the file in a program where you can edit the picture, I used photoshop, then save it as a monochrome image. It should automatically update on your palette. Let me know if it doesn't work for you!
Message 6 of 9
tarmbruster

I the past versions (2007) I have changed my scrren color to white (so all lines that are white appear black). The use tool pallete to insert object and manually chnage layer to 0. Then I update the image by right clicking on tool and setting image based upon selected object. Just rememeber to change your screen color back after your done
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 17:36:11 +0000, ashermy13 <> wrote:

>I am adding blocks to my tool palette from a source drawing by clicking in the drawing and dragging them to the palette. I want the images to be in black and white rather tahn in color, but it seems there is no option for changing the image file. I have right clicked on the image in the properties menu,and there is no option to set image from. Is there a better way to create blocks on a palette other than drag and drop from a drawing or the design center?

Are the objects in the block on layer 0 and color BYLAYER?

Matt
mstachoni@verizon.net
mstachoni@bhhtait.com
Message 8 of 9
ashermy13

No, they are assigned a layer rather than assigning a layer key, because the block is a window head and is composed of many layers. (The best way I found for keeping it simple for the users in the office). The other blocks on the tool palette on layer 0 do appear as black and white when dragged from a white background in model space. Editing the source image file that is automatically populated, I found, was the easiest way of accomplishing this task without having to alter my blocks.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:17:30 +0000, ashermy13 <> wrote:

>No, they are assigned a layer rather than assigning a layer key, because the block is a window head and is composed of many layers. (The best way I found for keeping it simple for the users in the office).

*sigh*

That's your problem. Actually, it's more than one problem, but that's the reason
the palette image is the way it is.

Try creating several blocks, each of which has its objects on Layer 0, and each
of which have the exact same Insertion Point. Insert each block on its own layer
at the same point. Make them a Group.

>The other blocks on the tool palette on layer 0 do appear as black and white when dragged from a white background in model space. Editing the source image file that is automatically populated, I found, was the easiest way of accomplishing this task without having to alter my blocks.

With the thousands of images you can have in a tool palette system, and the ease
at which your users will screw up what layer to insert the block, I bet it's not
the easiest.

Matt
mstachoni@comcast.net
mstachoni@bhhtait.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost