AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jasonswolfe
330 Views, 1 Reply

Text not working

Architecture 2009 running on Windows 7.  Dell Precision T5400 with a Quadro FX570 graphics card.

I have lately been having some issues with text in Architecture 2009. I first noticed that within Mtext, when you hit the "UPPERCASE" or "lowercase" buttons, the text disappears in the editor, and no changes are made.  Not the end of the world, but not handy.

Then it stopped letting me type in Mtext boxes at all. The return key seemed to work, but nothing else. Then it started converting text typed into Mtext boxes into (I think) Chinese characters. Really not handy. At this point I decided to try to reinstall. First I tried a repair, then reinstalled over the existing installation, then uninstalled completely and reinstalled from the disk.  I've also done a windows restore, though as this has slowly been falling apart, I'm not sure when I should restore back to.

I have Mtext basic functionality back, but the "UPPERCASE" and "lowercase" buttons still make the text disappear.

Not sure if it's related, but I also get a Fatal Error e06d7363h at 758bd36fh about 4 or 5 times a day.  Usually it's associated with the open command (ctrl+o), but sometimes it just happens at random.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Jason

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: jasonswolfe

You are running in an unsupported OS: so all you have for options are workarounds, no company is developing any solutions: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14185352

First, turn off Win7's Aero Theme and go with a Windows Basic Theme.

Second, change ACA2009's hardware acceleration settings (if you have it on, turn it off, if it's off, turn it on) and see if that helps. 3DCONFIG command>Manual Tune button>check or uncheck the box way at the top.

Third, grab updated video card drivers from Dell for your setup (you might even try a downgrade if all tips so far failed).

I'm sure other tips will come along too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost