AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not displaying in Viewport on Sheet

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
rwedemeyer
73342 Views, 10 Replies

Text not displaying in Viewport on Sheet

I am using ACA 2012 and when I insert a view into a sheet, the text and dimensions in the view do not display. I have checked the view and the text and dimensions are on layers that should display in the sheet. The layers are on and thawed in the viewport on the sheet, but do not show up. I have turned on all layers and only the model (building information) shows, no text or dimensions. Any help wold be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jtramonte
in reply to: rwedemeyer

If the text annotation scale in model space does not match the vport scale it will not display. Try matching anno scales or there is a toggle at  the bottom of acad to allow all scales to display (annotation visibility).

Message 3 of 11
rn0606
in reply to: jtramonte

Today was the first day of experincing this issue. I am glad i finally got online and found the answer.

Message 4 of 11

I am using AutoCAD Mechanical 2020.  It would seem this issue would have had a simple resolution by now.  When I place dimensions on a part while on the Layout tab, they do not appear.  But if I go to the Model tab they are where I placed them.  This is an obvious expectation.  I think there should be no reason for any other result, other than software deficiency.  Is there a software fix for this that I've missed?

Message 5 of 11

Do you just have that layer turned off exclusively in the viewport you are working in?
Or is there an annotative text/dimstyle scale that needs to be resolved?

Message 6 of 11

Correct! this happened to me and the solution is very simple, just make sure to "show annotation objects" is set to  always. It is a button below with a symbol that looks like a shuriken with a circle on top right.

christophermoralesJBNQQ_0-1603595499893.png

Message 7 of 11

Thanks a bunch! Straight to the point. Took 2 seconds!😅

Message 8 of 11
cmhaschen
in reply to: rwedemeyer

its always a click away..thank you, didnt see I had hit that!

Message 9 of 11

Thank you for including the image of the symbol- your help saved me today!  

Message 10 of 11

Was struggling with a uni assignment am in to extra time working away from campus and with no-one more knowledgeable around to ask thank you so so much!

Message 11 of 11

Simple, easy solution written in a concise way.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost