AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text lineweight in tables

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DParkRMAK
767 Views, 4 Replies

Text lineweight in tables

There doesnt seem to be a way to control the lineweight of text in a table. I have changed the color of the text and I have applied a lineweight to the table but the text is way too light. I spent a bunch of time putting info into tables and it looks like total crap and I cant seem to change it. What is up with this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: DParkRMAK

Are you using a TrueType font, or an SHX font?  The former do not respond to lineweight settings, the latter "should".

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean

... And if you are only using SHX fonts, are you plotting with STB or CTB plot style tables? And what property settings are the text?
Message 4 of 5
DParkRMAK
in reply to: pendean

I am using an shx font romans.shx and I use a .ctb

The only property I changed from defailt is the width factor is .8

Not annotative.

For some reason most of the cell properties have been overridden and the font and color changed and I am having to edit every freakin cell to change it back unless you can suggest something else. I have tried everything to change it globally but nothing works. The font it was changed to does make it appear bold on my screen but it doesnt print bold.

I am wondering if this is another glitch after installing Revit structure 2014. Had some mayhem trying to install that a few weeks ago and I just recently got it installed properly again and I havent had the same issues. Maybe these are new ones? I should patch ACA again I guess.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Post this table for others to test, include your CTB file: like MTEXT, TABLE text objects can be overridden inside the editors and if that's your actual problem then find the culprit, slap them on the back of the head, and ask then to fix it 🙂

Or you could seek help in the Lisp Customization forum for a chunk of lisp code to do it all for you (they would find it immensely helpful if you included a DWG sample).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost